Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tasting- Leese Fitch Sauvignon Blanc


Name: Leese Fitch Sauvignon Blanc

Variety: Sauvignon Blanc

Region: California

Country: United States

Year: 2010

Price: $10.95

Vintage Cellar Review:
“90 points, Wine Enthusiast, A lovely Sauvignon Blanc, dry, crisply acidic and clean, with complex citrus, flower and mineral flavors.  A great value for the money. – S.H.”

My Review:
This Sauvignon Blanc was extremely light in color.  The scent was predominantly citrus.  The taste was very sweet and fruity with a bit of a floral taste as well.  I had trouble distinguishing the floral taste at first, but I think that was what gave the sweet taste that I couldn’t break down into specific fruit flavors.  There was a very slight tang.  There was decent flavor to the mid-palate.  I’m not sure if this word is really used when describing white wines, but I thought it was very smooth.  The fruity flavor followed all the way through to the aftertaste which lingered.  Overall, it was a good wine.  It didn’t completely “wow” me but it was very good.

Pairings: I did not have any food pairing with this wine but I could see it being really good with salad and/or fish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment