Monday, February 13, 2012

Tasting- Grayson Chardonnay (Week #4)


http://www.amazinggrapeswinestore.com/product/10806/ 
Name: Grayson Chardonnay

Variety: Chardonnay

Region: California

Country: United States

Year: 2010

Price: $9.95

Vintage Cellar Review:
“Best Buy Wine Enthusiast.  The 2010 Grayson Chardonnay is brilliantly rip and shows aromas of bright, brisk acidity with notes of peach and Asian pear.  The palate offers green apple with a crisp finish showing gentle hints of apple pie and tropical fruit.”

My Review:
The wine has a nice golden buttery color.  The scent was fruity, specifically peachy, with a hint of spice and zest.  Upon first taste and through the mid-palate, the wine tasted kind of watery with a hint of pear and apple.  It was slightly acidic, and then had a kind of oaky spice aftertaste.  The employee at the Vintage Cellar was raving about this wine saying how it was such a great Chardonnay, but I have to say, I didn’t think much of it.  I do enjoy Chardonnays, but it really came down to the fact that this one just didn’t impress me.  It did not have a whole lot of flavor, so it was a little bit of a disappointment.  I don’t think I like spicy flavors in my wines in general, but especially not in my white wines.  I wouldn’t have to recommend this one.  

Pairings: I didn’t try this with food, but I think it would be good with appetizers or with fish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment