Sunday, February 19, 2012

Tasting- Old Coach Road Sauvignon Blanc (Week 5)

Name: Old Coach Road Sauvignon Blanc

Variety: Sauvignon Blanc

Region: South Island

Country: New Zealand

Year: 2011

Price: $14.95

Vintage Cellar Review:"Fresh, lively and intense varietal fruit with delicious passionfruit flavors in the mouth.  Old Coach Road Sauvignon Blanc Wine is nicely integrated and has a long lingering finish."

My Review:This wine was nearly clear, which was to be expected for a Sauvignon Blanc.  It had grape, melon, and peach scents.  The wine was very crisp, but smooth.  It was a little more tangy than other Sauvignon Blancs that I have tasted.  There was decent flavor to the mid-palate, and I could taste grapefruit, melon, and apple flavors.  It wasn't necessarily very sweet, it just had a very strong tang to the taste.  Overall, it was a pretty light wine.  I thought it was decent, it took some getting used to because it was a little different for a white wine for me.  Usually, I feel like rich fruitiness accompanies tang, but I didn't get very strong fruit flavors from this wine. 

Pairings: I did not try this wine with food, but I imagine it would be good with seafood or maybe even a seafood pasta dish with either a cream sauce or a butter sauce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment