Sunday, February 19, 2012

Tasting- Chateau Mas Neuf Rhone Blanc (Week 5)

http://www.valkyrieselections.com/wine.cfm?wineid=41
Name: Chateau Mas Neuf Rhone Blanc

Variety: White Rhone Blend

Region: Rhone

Country: France

Year: 2010

Price: $11.95

Vintage Cellar Review: "Brilliant yellow colour.  The up-front nose uninhibitedly reveals fresh fruit aromas (yellow peaches) that combine with hints of white flowers.  The palate develops fully with a fresh, tonic finish."

My Review:This white blend has a very light buttery color.  It smells of apples and peaches.  The consistency is a little thick, but the flavor isn't all that strong.  There's some melon flavors, with a very light aftertaste.  It smells fruitier than it tastes, but it is still sweet.  This wine was decent, but it didn't really have a "wow" factor for me.  The really fruity aromas led me to believe that this would be a wine filled with delicious, fruity flavors, but I was let down.  The flavors were kind of bland.  Overall, I did not dislike the wine, but I wouldn't have to recommend it to anyone. 

Pairings: I think this wine would taste pretty good with most meals.  It could be really good with a salad and salmon, or maybe some kind of chicken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment