Monday, February 13, 2012

Tasting- Emeri Pink Moscato (Week #4)


http://www.debortoli.com.au/our-wines/our-brands/emeri/listing/view/emeri-pink-moscato.html
Name: Emeri Pink Moscato 

Variety: Moscato 

Region: South East Australia

Country: Australia 

Year: Not Vintage

Price: $13.95

Vintage Cellar Review:
“Pale translucent pink.  Fresh fruit aromas with strawberry and musk.  Mediium sweet, light bodied.  The perfect aperitif on its own or enjoy with fresh fruits or seafood.” 

My Review:
I was really excited to try this wine because I hadn’t loved the other wines of this tasting... they weren’t sweet enough for me.  Generally, I think it’s not too good to have high hopes or expectations for a wine because it generally leads to disappointment.  This time however, I was not let down.  The bubbles were definitely existent but kind of light for a Moscato.  As for the color, I would describe it as a “starfish pink.”  It definitely smelled fruity... like melons and grapefruit.  It had a very tingly taste that started out sweet and tangy.  It then progressed to a softer aftertaste filled with melon, peach, and grapefruit flavors.  It was a little less sweet that most Moscatos.  In my mind that was kind of a good thing because it makes for a milder version that is a little more drinkable.  Usually Moscatos are almost too sweet making it difficult to make it through a glass of it, let alone any more than a glass.  I would highly recommend this wine.  

Pairings: I did not try this wine with food but I think it would be good with a pound cake or maybe some kind of fruit parfait or dessert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment