Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tasting- Santolo Vinho Verde (Week 6)

http://beyondrivalry.blogspirit.com/tag/vinho%20verde
Name:  Santola Vinho Verde

Variety: White Blend

Region: Minho

Country: Portugal

Year: No Vintage

Price: $7.95

Vintage Cellar Review:
"Soft and creamy, although with just right Vinho Verde bite, this is a crisp and clean wine, boasting light pear and pink grapefruit flavors.  Off dry and very fresh."


My Review:
This wine is very light in color with just a golden tint.  It has a very apple-ish and fruity scent.  There's a bit of tang that can be sensed even on the nose.  On the palate, it's very sweet... like apple cider loaded with sugar.  There's a little tang and carbonation.  I actually really liked this wine a lot, so I would definitely recommend it.  However, like most of the sweet wines I like, I think moderation would have to be key with this one.  Any more than a glass or maybe two in one sitting would be too much.


Pairings: I think this wine would be really good with tuna or mahi mahi because the delicate flavors of the fish would be complemented by the sweet, fruity flavor of the wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment