Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tasting- Heinz Eifel Shine Riesling (Week 6)

http://winepeeps.com/2010/07/08/a-wine-for-tonight-2009-heinz-eifel-riesling-spatlese/
Name:  Heinz Eifel Shine Riesling

Variety: Riesling

Region: Pfalz

Country: Germany

Year: 2010

Price: $8.95

Vintage Cellar Review:
"Flint and mineral notes accent pineapple and lime aromas, while on the palate, the wine shows plenty of ripe, citrusy fruit flavors.  Tangy acids on the long finish provide balance."


My Review:
This Riesling has a very nice light golden, buttery color.  It has a very zesty, grassy, floral scent.  The taste is extremely sweet, yet somehow, it seems to get even sweeter as it transitions to the aftertaste.  I definitely noticed some floral flavors, along with some peach, grape, and lemon.  It was hard to pick out specific flavors because it's so sweet with a slight tang.  I really liked this wine, but that's not surprising because I generally really like Riesling. So I would definitely recommend this wine.  However, I would only have one or maybe two glasses because it's just so sweet!


Pairings:This would be really good with some kind of a chicken and pasta dish with a cream sauce.  There's this red pesto cream sauce pasta with blackened chicken that I really like from this restaurant near my hometown and I think that this Riesling would be delicious with it!  The sweet flavors would tone down the spiciness of the cajun chicken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment