Sunday, March 25, 2012

Tasting- Pietra Santa Sacred Stone Red (Week 8)

http://www.cheapwinefinder.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/SacrStn_csk4_bottle.jpg
Name: Pietra Santa Sacred Stone Red

Variety: Red Blend

Region: Cienega Valley, California

Country: United States

Year: NV

Price: $9.95

Vintage Cellar Review:
"Proprietor's Red Blend.  This wine is ripe and juicy with expressive flavors of cherries and plums.  It is dark and aromatic with crisp acidity, nice structure and a lush finish.  Made to pair with a wide variety of foods, this red wine is a must for everyday enjoyment or teaming with your favorite grilled and outdoor cuisine." 


My Review:
This wine has a brownish cranberry hue with very little legs.  It was very oaky, spicy, smokey, and meaty on the nose.  As for taste, it was very sweet initially, then transitioning to a bit of spice.  The initial taste is filled with cranberry, cherry, and other red berry flavors.  The midtaste to aftertaste were a little tannic.  This wine was decent, but I'm not a fan of the spicy, earthier flavors, so it wasn't my favorite. 


Pairings: I didn't try this with food, but I think it would be good with roast beef and mashed potatoes.

1 comment:

  1. I taste chilled red wine which is better to me than wine at room temperature.
    California Wine Club

    ReplyDelete