Sunday, March 25, 2012

Tasting- Four Bears Cabernet Sauvignon (Week 8)

http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1289572
Name: Four Bears Cabernet Sauvignon

Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon

Region: California

Country: United States

Year: 2010

Price: $14.95

Vintage Cellar Review:
"Ruby in color and displays aromas of lavender, cedar and raspberry fruit.  Flavors of blackberries and raspberries combined with hints of savory spices coat the palate.  The soft tannins and sweet oak balance lead to a long and lingering finish."


My Review:
This wine has a dark purplish maroon/burgundy color.  There are little to no legs.  There's a tangy scent with the slightest hint of oak.  It's fairly smooth, and as soon as you swallow, the oak flavor hits you.  It's a bit tannic and the flavors have some red fruits like maybe cherries and cranberries.  This wine is also a little acidic.  I didn't love this wine, but I didn't hate it either.  It was difficult to distinguish most of the flavors besides the oak which I really don't care for in wine.  So I wouldn't have to recommend it, but it wasn't awful.


Pairings: I didn't try this with food, but I think it would be good with some sort of steak. 

No comments:

Post a Comment