Saturday, March 17, 2012

Tasting- Simonet Blanc de Blancs (Week 7)

Name: Simonet Blanc de Blancs

Variety: Champagne blend

http://www.growerchampagnedirect.com/content/73-champagne-uncle-prefers-krug
Region: Champagne

Country: France

Year: NV

Price: $7.95

Vintage Cellar Review:
"On the nose, there is some bread-yeast and some toast, same on the palate.  Great for an everyday bubbly or for mimosas!!"


My Review:
This wine was sparkling and a very light color, almost like a translucent khaki hue.  I noticed apple and some slight citrus scents on the nose.  It had a very crisp, clear aroma.  The taste was very crisp, light, and acidic.  It was tingly, fruity and cider-like at first, the mid-palate was a little bitter, and there was a lingering apple aftertaste.  I wasn't a huge fan of the bitter mid-palate, but aside from that I really liked the wine, so I would recommend it!


Pairings: I didn't try this with food, but I think it would be good with a light fish such as tilapia.

No comments:

Post a Comment