Saturday, March 17, 2012

Tasting- Oxford Landing Viognier (Week 7)

http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1107236
Name: Oxford Landing Viognier

Variety: Viognier

Region: South Australia

Country: Australia

Year: 2009

Price: $7.95

Vintage Cellar Review:
"88 Points, Wine Spectator.  Bright and lively, this white is appealing for its pear, lychee and sweet spice character, which comes together smoothly against a silky texture." 


My Review:
This Viognier has a nice light, buttery color.  The aroma had apple, peach, grapefruit, and a hint of some floral scents.  It initially tasted sweet and fruity with a bit of tartness.  It was a little acidic and had some slight heat.  There wasn't a whole lot to the mid-palate.  The aftertaste was mildly oaky.  I thought it was alright at first, not my favorite, but pretty good.  But it seemed to get more bitter the more I drank it, so I think if I had a whole glass, I might not like it by the end.  It wasn't a bad wine, but I wouldn't have to go out of my way to recommend it to anyone.


Pairings: I didn't try this with any food, but I think it would be good with a chicken dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment