Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tasting- Sol Acantalys Cotes Du Rhone

Tasting on Saturday 1/28/2012

Name: Sol Acantalys Cotes Du Rhone

Variety: Red Rhone Blend (according to http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1187482

Region: Rhone (Southern  Rhone)

Country: France   
 
Year: 2010

Price: $8.95

Calais Wine Review: (The Vintage Cellar didn’t have a review for this one so I found one at http://www.calaiswine.co.uk/products/buy/multi-buy-wine-offers/offer/product/4620/productname/c%C3%B4tes+du+rh%C3%B4ne+sol%27acantalys/product.aspx)
“Bright and juicy Côtes du Rhône with hints of spice and pepper. This young and fresh Côtes du Rhône from Les Vignerons de Tavel shows superb notes of red berry fruits and spice, particularly pepper.”

My Review:
This blend has a very deep purplish burgundy hue.  Almost a coffee aroma.  It was pretty dry and slightly acidic.  I could taste a fair amount of different flavors... grape, cranberry, chocolate, coffee/toffee.  Most of what I could taste came from the initial flavor.  I really did not taste much of a mid-palate or aftertaste.  It was a little tannic (kind of dried out my mouth).  Overall, this wine was decent.  The initial flavor was good, but the final two components of the taste (mid and after) were lacking.

Pairings: I did not taste this wine with food, but I think it could be good with a heartier meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment