Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tasting- “Candoni Prosecco”


Due to the crowds at the tasting, I couldn't
get a good picture of this wine, so the picture is courtesy of
http://www.monstermarketplace.com/fine-wines-and-spirits/candoni-prosecco-brut-doc-nv-italy













Name: Candoni Prosecco

Variety:  Prosecco

Region: Veneto

Country: Italy

Year: The man working this tasting said that it was not a vintage wine when he was asked what year it was, so I guess that means it was probably a 2010 or 2011 wine.  Although he said that about all of the 6 wines he was showing and some of the bottles said 2009.  I couldn’t find this one’s year on the bottle, but the tasting was very crowded so it was hard to see.  I tried to do a little more research to see if I could determine that more conclusively, but didn’t have much luck.  I do know it’s not considered vintage so, it’s from a recent year.  

Price: $15.95, which is I guess a little more than I usually spend but it was really good!

Vintage Cellar Review:
 “Delicate and fruity with a hint of honey.  It is crisp and clean in the mouth with a pleasant acidity that leaves behind a delicious and persistent freshness with a dry, well-balanced taste.”

My Review:
                I really liked this wine a lot.  The very first wine I ever liked was champagne, so I’m definitely a fan of the sparkling wines.  This wine was ridiculously sweet, but for some reason it didn’t seem like too much.  I think while it had a very sweet and crisp carbonated taste, it still had a very soft aftertaste that lingered.  So the softer aftertaste kind of balanced out the exceptionally sweet flavor.  More than anything else I could definitely taste apple.  I’m usually not the best at picking out the types of fruit... usually I just say “fruity,” but in this case I was fairly certain that apple was a big part of the production of this wine.  I didn’t have it with food, so that didn’t affect it, but I’m honestly not sure what I would pair it with.  It kind of took me back to my childhood when I would have sparkling cider on New Year’s Eve, only this was the “big-girl version.”  This is probably a big part of the reason I liked it so much.  I would highly recommend it, but if you’re not a fan of sweet flavors, this is probably not for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment