Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tasting- Doural Tinto

Tasting on Saturday 1/28/2012

Name: Doural Tinto

Variety: Red Blend- Tinto Cao, Touriga Francesca, Touriga Nacional
(according to http://www.ctwineauthority.com/sku16489.html)   

Country: Portugal

Year: 2009

Price: $8.95

Vintage Cellar Review:
“This Portuguese tinto (red) blend exhibits a deep red color with violet hues.  The nose is vibrant and fruity.  The palate offers notes of spice, cherry, and dark berry supported by good structure.  Pairs well with red or game meat, cheeses and fish.”

My Review:
This wine has a light burgundy color.  There were very little legs after swirling the glass (little residue on the sides of the glass).  It has a mildly fruity aroma.  While I’ve heard the term “smooth” used to describe wine, this was possibly the first wine I’ve personally tried to which I really felt the term applied.  Despite a slight tang, it did seem a little watery and was followed by a very soft aftertaste.  I also tasted a little bit of berry flavors in the wine.  Overall, not bad for a red wine since I don’t usually care for them... I’d say it would be worth the $8.95 price.  

Pairings:  I did not try this with any food, but I think it would be good with some kind of red meat and salad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment